The 25 Random things tag
October 21, 2009 § 38 Comments
I’ve been tagged by Sawj [I refuse to call him Senilius :P] to do this 25 tag thing: [25!!]
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. If I tagged you, its because I want to know more about you.
25 randomest things from the top of my head.
- I’m doing this tag when I should be studying.
- I find immense pleasure in killing stereotypes.
- The max I’ve ever driven a car is at 120kmph & I really really want to touch 140 one day but I don’t know if I have the guts to do it. [Usually I’m a very careful driver :P]
- Since I was young there has been always one pet or the other in my house, we’ve had parrots, turtles, canaries, lovebirds, cats, cats and did I say cats? 😛
- When I used to listen to music my favourite genre was hip-hop. I’m mentioning this because people see me now they can’t imagine me listening to music, much less hip-hop.
- I get really concious & embarrased when I speak in Urdu because I speak it with an American accent. Especially when I’m in Pakistan [I think this also has to do with the fact that I’ve been picked on by my cousins a lot when I visit] – so when I do speak I make it a point to think clearly about my words but somehow I end up stuttering trying to explain myself. I’m trying to make it an accentless Urdu.
- I love being creative and trying out new styles when it comes to Hijab & Niqaab. Oh the possibilities are endless. 😉 [Just don’t over-do them]
- I like to match! Although I wear the Abaya everywhere, I match my shoes to my bag to my watch to my rings to the embroidery on my shayla.
- I love sleeping. I absolutely need my sleep to function properly.
- I have a hard time saying ‘No’ to people… & this too has landed me in a lot of trouble.
- I have Gamophobia – fear of marriage – and I just recently admitted it to myself. When marriage and my name is mentioned in the same sentence i literally have the tendency to suffocate & I find the oddest things wrong with potentials. :O Surprisingly though, I also have people come to me for marital advice or to listen to their marital problems when I’m the last person they should be seeing.
- I’m awful at making decisions.
- I’ve been in love with Zaater W Zeits Djeij W Chicken for a while. *drool-worthy*
- When I first meet people I’m usually a very quiet person and I only tend to speak to people after I know them a little.
- I daydream & procrastinate at the most irrelevant times.
- A couple of months back I was heavily involved in writing, I used to write for a lot of different people/organisations and then I just… stopped. I feel bad because I haven’t written anything productive in a while.
- Until just a few years back, I used to play… computer and PS2 games. My brother would get all these new games and then we’d both end up trying them out. I became exceptionally good at AOE3, Monkey Island & Tekken.
- I really like the concept of cooking but I don’t know how to cook much except for baking. And currently my Moms going crazy getting worried that I’m in my 20’s & I don’t know half of the thing she knew when she was in her 20’s. 😛
- I get self-consciouswhen I wear glasses. I’m a very non-specs person because when I started wearing glasses initially I was in Junior School & my first pair of specs were big fat blue specs and they looked awful on me. When I got the chance I started wearing lenses but just recently after a few infections in my eye I was re-motivated to try out glasses again at times.
- I absolutely love horse-back riding. I used to ride for 4 years but that was before I started wearing Niqaab strictle. I’m hoping they open a riding school specifically for just-women over here in Dubai. I was initially motivated to start riding because of my love of horses. Horses are beautiful creatures.
- I’ve once hit a parked car and ran. Because I was scared. [But it wasn’t so bad] However I’ve always felt guilty about it till this day. [Why I’m admitting this on here i dont know…]
- I’m not a very patriotic person.
- I’m awful at organisation. Absolutely awful.
- When I leave the house I try do Wudhu whenever I can, its this habit I’ve developed, especially since I started driving because of the possibility that I could always end up in an accident and die.
- I get asked about how I don’t feel like visiting Cinemas anymore… [I’m not going to go into if Movies are halal or haraam thing] because what started happening was I’d think if I die at this moment, in this Cinema hall, I’m going to be brought up on the day of judgment facing Allah subhanna wa ta’ala watching a … movie. That really killed it for me. 😛
Oh and considering most of the people are already tagged I’ll just do a few:
I tag: Sophi, Falsa & Farooqk.
If you’re reading this and aren’t tagged, consider yourself tagged!